Sunday, September 19, 2010

Here we go...

Just what the internet needs, another food blog. Right? This bandwagon is one I think would be fun to jump on. I need somewhere to record my kitchen adventures, somewhere other than the sauce-and-butter-stained notebook that has permanent residence on my kitchen island. I'm always pestered by friends to share what I'm up to, so this will be an easier medium than trying to remember who I need to email what to, and an easier place for me to look back for my own use, as I have a tendency to write in chicken-scratch, with pens whose inks are smudged easily by various kitchen liquids.

Most importantly, this blog is dedicated to my grandmother, who taught me to cook as soon as I was tall enough to see over the kitchen counter standing on a chair, and who encouraged me to use recipes as a guide, and not as The Only Way. She taught me the joy of homemade, of experimenting, and I hope that I can share that in everything from simple comfort food to more gourmet fare.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...